ABOUT USWe are a Community Development Credit Union
serving the East Harlem Community. The boundaries of our field of membership, are 90th Street north to 125th Street, and from the East River Drive to the East side of Fifth Avenue and all members of the Canaan Baptist Church in Christ. We advocate for equitable financial policies and services to our membership and the community at large.
Anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school or participates in a program within these boundaries is eligible to join the Credit Union. Members of the immediate family of an existing member are also eligible.
When you join a credit union, you become a member and not just a customer - you own part of the organization. You will enjoy rights as a "shareholder" when you make you initial deposit into your savings account. Whether you have $1 or $1,000 in your account, you have an EQUAL voice and an EQUAL vote in the affairs of the credit union.
As a member, you have the priviledge to attend our annual meeting where you will hear the successes from the prior year and new initiavtives for the ensuing year.
Members • Owners
- Affordable - Credit Unions are not-for-profit. therefore we control our expenses to cover the cost of operations and return a dividend to the member/owners/ In most cases we are less expensive than other financial institutions.
- Low Balance Requirements - For as little as $10.00 you can open an account with us. Our monthly maintenance charges are low, $1.00 per month if you have less than $100.00 in your share/savings account.
- Low Cost Services - The savings on fees could be substantial. For example, our share draft accounts could save you more than $66.00 per year in monthly maintenance charges alone.
- Safety and Soundness - Each year, our federal regulators, the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), examine the credit union policies to ensure we are operating in a safe and sound manner.
- Insured - All deposits are federally insured to a maximum of $100,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
- Understanding Members Needs - We are in a perfect position to understand the needs of the members and provide them with the services they need to fulfill those needs.